Top 7 richest people in UK for 2020.
However, according to reports, Britain’s wealthiest people have lost tens of billions of pounds in the coronavirus pandemic as their combined annual wealth fell for the first time in a decade.
Per latest reports, Inventor Sir James Dyson is the richest person in the UK for the first time. The Brexit-backing entrepreneur saw his wealth grow by £3.6 billion over the past year, to £16.2 billion.
Here is a full list of top 7 richest people in the uk
1. Sir James Dyson and family, household goods and technology, £16.2 billion.
Sir James, 72, emerged top of the list despite losing £500 million of his own money on an electric car project which was scrapped.
2. Sri and Gopi Hinduja and family, industry and finance, £16 billion.
3. David and Simon Reuben, property and internet, £16 billion.
4. Sir Leonard Blavatnik, investment, music and media, £15.78 billion
5. Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Ineos chemical giant, £12.15 billion.
6. Kirsten and Jorn Rausing, inheritance and investment, £12.1 billion.
7.Guy, George and Galen Jr Weston and family, retail, £10.53 billion.
There is a silver lining to the Covid crisis for the world’s wealthiest people, whose fortunes have swollen throughout the pandemic.
Many of the world’s billionaires have “doubled down on risk in choppy financial markets and profited from the tech boom”, the Financial Times says, leaving them with a record collective wealth of $10.2tn (£7.91tn), topping the previous high set in 2017.
ALSO READ:Check out the richest person in the UK